Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Lushros Dofine is a pretty good figure after you rip his arm off

While scouting unsuccessfully for Batman Legos the other day, I decided to pick this guy up. He doesn't have any dangling scarfy things on his outfit to bug me, and I've always liked the Nemoidians as aliens.

HOWEVER, when I got him out of the package I was annoyed to notice that the hanging sleeve of his right arm doesn't hang straight down. You can see it in this picture, and it can't be corrected by repositioning his arm. Fortunately I was able to pull off his forearm without any damage.*

I then took my trusty dremel and sliced at an angle into the spot where the forearm meets the upper arm. I haven't reglued it yet, but I can tell that the sleeve now looks like it obeys gravity AND the joint looks good, too. The obvious disadvantage is that the joint will be forever glued in place, but that doesn't really bother me.

*Unless you count that I pulled off his head in the same move, but it popped right back on. While that sounds like the typical "it's crap" complaint, I do like this method of mounting a hollow head on a spherical neck. It provides a good range of head movement.

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

What's with this guy's name, anyway? It makes me think of "luscious, so fine." Subliminal naming?

JPX said...

You'll have no problem finding the Batman Legos around here. I've already given Ben 2 of these sets. I've seen tons of them at Wal-Mart and TRU. The only set I haven't seen yet is the Batcave. Also, that Star Wars figure should be easily found at the Vault.