Friday, July 29, 2011

10 Undeniably Nerdy Burger King Kids Meal Toy Sets


From toplessrobot, Like Coke and Pepsi, McDonald's and Burger King are locked in a seemingly-eternal battle over their slice of the food galaxy. Of course, that extends past their bland, factory-made burgers to their toy offerings, too. McDonald's struck first with its Happy Meal and its accompanying goodies (you can check out our favorites here), but Burger King was quick to respond with its own brightly colored cardboard box full of greasy kids' grub and equally greasy, cheap plastic toys once they realized kids will happily psychologically torture their parents for them.

Of course, even though they were cheap, that doesn't mean that some of their Kids Meal toys still weren't pretty darned cool. Indeed, the King gave his subjects a lot of great figures and figurines over the years, especially when it came to the DC animated universe.

See them all here

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Huh. I thought I would have more of those. I had that Superman thing where he balanced on his chin and I went completist for that first batch of Simpsons Halloween light-up thingies. Think I've ditched them since.

I feel bad for that boy who had to say "I know, right?" in the ad for the Twilight toys.

TheThundercats commercial was my favorite, mostly for the shots of the food. Check them out, they're so basic and bland! Food stylists have come a long way.