Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Unfinished Arrrr

I made this in 2006 when I was in the running for a job in the model shop at Legoland. The category for the audition build had been pirates (for which I made this) and I threw this tableau together on the chance that the final build category was the same (it wasn't). These two clowns have been part of my desk junk since then, through a couple of desks and apartments. Now that I've finally documented them, it's back to the assimilation bin!

I kept the tentacle plans in case I need them someday.

A couple more pics on my flickr page.

2 comments:

JPX said...

Wow, that's not only really cool but I'm impressed that you made blueprints ahead of time - do you normally do that? I love that pirate!

I remember that contest and still think you should have won!

Octopunk said...

I don't usually use Lego graph paper for my own stuff, but I used it a lot on the recent professional job I did for building hills that had 3D relief to them. Very handy.