Monday, June 21, 2010

Luke, I Am Not Your Spaceship: 2,500 Piece LEGO Imperial Shuttle Coming Soon



From geekology, LEGO is releasing a 2,504 piece Star Wars Imperial Shuttle this September for $260. For reference, that's four days' pay for me (plus two after-hour HJ's).

This beast is bigger than my old model, at 28 inches tall (71 centimeters) and 22 inches wide (57 centimeters) when the foldable wings are fully deployed. The cockpit allows you to sit figures inside, and it includes five minifigs:Darth Vader, Shuttle Pilot, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper and Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi.

The Imperial Shuttle also has rotating double laser wing cannons, landing gear, and a display stand.

DO WANT. And not kinda want either. I'm talking really really want, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha. Now I know what you're thinking, "Jesus, did the GW really just quote Spice Girls lyrics?" And the answer, my friend, is f*** no. They stole that shit from me.

See more here

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Fortunately I am not jonesing for this set, mostly because none of the minifigs are new. But damn is it gorgeous.

JPX said...

For that price I can't believe that all you get are those 4 mini-figs. Ben just got the Ewok set from his mother and it comes with 12 mini-figs!

Octopunk said...

Yeah, this one is all about the model. Like that huge Millenium Falcon set, it's in scale with the minifigs and extremely accurate in a number of ways. Not exactly my thing -- not too far off, mind you, but I don't need an injection of white Lego bricks right now.