Tuesday, January 25, 2011

R.I.P.



I must confess that I don’t spend money on magazines these days. There was a time when I would drop $12+/month for Action Figure News and Toy Review and Tomart’s Action Figure Digest. I purchased these glossy magazines for years and stored them in boxes. It occurred to me at one point that I never went back to look at them again. Believe it or not I finally threw them all away (I kept a choice few). With the advent of the internet and bookstores like Barnes and Noble, I can now look at all this stuff for free. I never purchased too many issues of Wizard Magazine or Toyfare, but with the recent announcement that they have ceased production I find myself feeling nostalgic about it. I haven’t looked at these magazines in a long time but I was always comforted knowing that they existed. I imagine most physical magazines are going to fold over time. Goodbye old friends, you will be missed.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

That is too bad. I only bought maybe two of those in my whole life, but it's really joyful to flip through a magazine with a complete set of pics from a toy line.

The one that I got that I remember was a Galoob roundup.