Friday, July 28, 2006

I love the Snowspeeder


Yep, it's true. Octopunk, I know you've never really liked the Snowspeeder design, but there's just something so simple yet sleek about it that I've alway grooved on. It's the kind of design that makes you say, "Well of course". It's almost like you ask yourself, "How is it that this wasn't designed before, it's so obvious?" Although I've been increasingly disappointed in the state of Star Wars figures these days, I've been pleased to see that the ships are getting even better quality-wise. Look at the detailing on this baby.

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

I've never met anyone who's got the same ambivalent opinion of the Snowspeeder as I have. Anyone who would care, anyway. For me it's always seemed too heavy in the butt, both when seen from above and in profile. Maybe I would've been happier if they went with their earlier story idea that the snowspeeders were modified Y-wing cockpits.

That is a good-looking toy, I'll give you that.

JPX said...

I wonder if this version will make that horrible electronic sound that it did in 1980 (e.g., nails on a chalkboard).