Thursday, March 25, 2010

The 11 coolest glow-in-the-dark toys ever made


From toplessrobot, The first marriage of zinc sulfide into plastic isn't recorded in history, but it's still a happy day for kids everywhere. It's the day that someone figured out that you could make plastic glow-in-the-dark, a scientific breakthrough that has benefited the world of toys almost exclusively. From that glorious day, kids started getting action figures that, when left out in the light for a while, would radiate an otherworldly luminescence for hours in the dark, opening up a new way to play -- and more importantly, a whole new time to play (i.e., after we were told we had to go to bed). Eventually, some scientist will likely figure out that glow-in-the-dark toys have been slowly poisoning us all for years, but until then, we might as well enjoy them -- and remember the 11 coolest glow-in-the-dark figures ever made.

See them here

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

I have to say, that's an excellent list. I wish they'd included Radioactive Glow-in-the-Dark Homer so I could bitch about how you tricked me into not buying one that time supposedly so I could save five bucks.

Anyway, so many good ones! I don't think I knew the original Alien fig had glowing elements, and there's a couple lines on that list I never even heard of.

I loved those Micronaut aliens with the glowing brains, though. I think I still have my Repto (the best one, although his brain is understated).