Monday, August 21, 2006

New stuff to check out! Ben 10


Imagine my surprise during my toy hunt on Friday when I found a whole new action figure line that was worth my attention. The cartoon is called Ben 10, and seems to be about this kid who can turn into any one of ten different aliens. The toys came in a couple formats: six-inch figures, six-inch figures with vehicles, and four-inch figures. The four-inch series was called “the Alien Series,” which includes all ten alien variations. I went for these because the six-inchers had discouraging action features that overdominated the look of the toys themselves. It also helped that the smaller ones were only $4.99 each. I picked up the two pictured here. Both are solid, well-jointed and stand up quite well, even when their big hands are raised in front of them (I suspect the drawing style of the toon favors big hands, a number of the characters got ‘em). I especially recommend Greymatter (above) because he comes with a tiny PVC that’s a baby version of himself.

2 comments:

JPX said...

Oooooh, those are nifty! I can't get any sense of scale though. How many are in the set?

Octopunk said...

There's ten altogether, and I'd say more than half of them are worth getting.

They're on the small side (remember, 4 inches?). A little smaller than your average SW fig.