Monday, January 09, 2006

Kaiyodo's Dinotales (aka Chocolasaurs)


The pursuit of this Nautilus creature (which I still don't have, dammit) has been my most frustrating blind-purchase experience. Despite my frustration, I love these little dinos. Like Furuta and Konami, Kaiyodo drives Japanese otaku (and their Western counterparts) nuts with their constant stream of must-have workmanship. Some of us, anyway. Check out the unbelievable paint jobs in this satisfyingly complete Dinotales Gallery. Click on Series Two and Three at the top, too. They're all good.

For the record, I've got all but two of Series One and just over half of Series Two (which, inexplicably, showed up at Kimono My House a full year before Series One). Someone had a complete Series Three on sale for a while for 70 bucks, but I missed the opportunity. I recently noticed these guys popping up on ebay, though.

Sigh.

2 comments:

JPX said...

I'm having severe internet problems today and I can't see your picture, sigh. It should get working eventually.

JPX said...

Okay, I can see it now, cool! It's elegant, yet dangerous looking. Get one already!