Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Snap!


So last Friday I get this sudden urge to go to Kimono My House, which is a quick Bart and bus trip from work. A hassle, but doable. I decide to drop eight smackers on one of these Starblazers ships, because the percentage of getting a cool one is decent. And I got the exact one I wanted! Pumped from that, I dropped six more bucks on one of these Star Trek ones. Yuki, the nice old dude behind the counter, asked me which I was going for. I indicated the Pasteur or the Borg cube (Kazon would have been okay, too) and he shows me a Borg ship that was opened but is still in its plastic bag. It doesn't look much bigger than the Micromachine version, so I pass. And I open up my number one choice AGAIN, the lovely U.S.S. Pasteur (Bev's ship in the future, that last episode). Yuki then gave me the very last Chocolasaur he had left, for free, as a late holiday giveaway. I got this little shark dude. I thought it was the second-to-last one I needed (besides the damn nautilus thing I posted on Monday), and I was pretty jazzed at my good luck. I was wrong, though, the shark was the THIRD-to-last one I needed, and I already had one. The beastie I was thinking of was this handsome fella, here -- but wait! Earlier tonight, I bought this stripey Suchomimus from an ebay store in Japan, along with the damn nautilus! So I just completed Series One! Woo to the hoo. They were five bucks each and the store's called ULTRA DETAILED CREATURE FIGURE, so I'm all up into that. I knew this blog would increase my spending.

2 comments:

JPX said...

That Starblazers ships is SWEET! and the Star Trek ship is great - has there ever been an incarnation of that ship before? I still think that these kinds of collectibles are too pricy to risk redundancy. I can see the appeal, however - it's that slot-machine intermittant reinforcement force that's at work here. It looks like you won big yesterday!

Octopunk said...

There's a micromachine of the Pasteur, but that's it. This one is satisfyingly larger. However, I do feel a little redundant about the whole spread of these Furuta Trek ships I have, since I have all those micromachines, too. A display conundrum I haven't yet solved.