Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's a Death Star Party, Who Could Ask for More?



An ambitious fellow Lego freak has assembled this brilliant Death Star playset. I routinely browse through Brickshelf.com's new stuff, and this thing keeps popping up, which either means this guy is adding more pictures, or he's just re-posting to keep his creation in the limelight. It's a nuance of Brickshelf I haven't really figured out yet. Either way, he's really maximizing the potential of this playset with an array of scenes, some goofy and some not. I've included some of my faves here, but I recommend a look at the rest. Just excellent work.

8 comments:

JPX said...

WOW! Is that an actual set (with obvious licenses taken) or is it all a homemade creation?

Octopunk said...

All homemade! Lego would never sell a set that big and solid. My favorite element is the Rebel Pilot on the right upper level who's peering into that big cylinder.

Octopunk said...

And you can hardly see him in the dark there, but the Emperor is playing the piano on the level below.

Octopunk said...

Now I have that Oingo Boingo song in my head!

"Everybody's coming, leave your blaster at the door..."

When is Keith gonna give me that album back? He's had it for, like, 20 years.

JPX said...

I thought Keith had the Sisterhood album? Keith is crazy.

JPX said...

Is Han Solo breakdancing?

Octopunk said...

I'm not totally sure what all the headstand people are meant to be doing. Breakdancing is as good a guess as anything. There seems to be some chasing around going on, too.

Keith borrowed the Sisterhood album and Dead Man's Party at the same time. A couple others, too, but I forgot what they were.

JPX said...

Keith is comfortably numb at this point.